What is a TEE?
What is this Trusted Execution Environment? What problems does it solve? What problems does it introduce? Why am I asking so many questions?!
In this video I:
– Define a TEE and grumble about how its a horrible acronym because everyone wants to pronounce it T-E-E not “T”
– Define what a “execution environment” is before we introduce the trusted part
– Discuss what makes the TEE “trusted”
– Pontificate on why having two separate CPUs is not the same as this trusted/non-trusted thing
– Show the motivation for a technology like ARM TrustZone
– Mention some disadvantages of TEE and how exploits still happen despite this being trusted
– End the video a bit quickly, realizing I was over time, and appreciating that its very difficult to explain topics like this in 5 minutes or less, but I’m trying 🙂