What is secure boot?
I originally posted this on LinkedIn.
In this video I:
– Present a definition of secure boot
– Draw out the boot process of an ARM Cortex-A running Linux.
– Discuss how each boot component has a part in secure boot.
– Do some hand wringing over what exactly is secure boot.
– Talk about how silicon vendors, OEMs, and standards bodies have different definitions.
– Mention secure boot with regards to the TPM and x86 UEFI but then largely ignore those topics 🙂
– Trip over my own words but keep it in the video because one take, one life.
– Ask some questions to myself, like is secure boot only for physical access concerns?
– Ask y’all for feedback.
– Awkwardly end the video as I accidently don’t hit the end-recording button.